12/11/2012

Back on the wrong bus

Wrote this earlier today:
Back on the bus again. This time it very much feels like the wrong one, though. 

The concert in Lübeck last night was my last gig on this tour, and the bus I'm now sitting on is taking me to Hamburg Airport. I'm going back to Stockholm to lead my fifth graders in Lucia concerts on thursday. A fun thing to do, no doubt! But leaving Praise Unit after three days during a tour in Germany is like leaving a football game with Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the pitch after 20 minutes: you can be sure you're going to miss out on spectacular things.

Although this tour was a short one, I will bring a lot of memories back with me, as always after touring in Germany. Here's a few:

-The louzy start! On the morning of our depature from Stockholm, my alarm clock never went off. Instead I got a wake up call from Josefin, seven minutes before we were supposed to leave (seven o'clock in the morning). I threw myself and my bag in a cab, and arrived to the bus 20 minutes past seven. I have never overslept like that before, and - trust me - I will never again!

-The snow! Snow storm in northern Germany. Snow in Vellmar. Constant snowing in Lübeck. Is this how winters in Germany usually turns out, I'm going to spend my winters here from now on!

-The incredible warmth and hospitality that meets us in every place we sing. I have no doubt that it will continue in the same way for the rest of the gang throughout the tour.

-Batman vs Bane. During our tours in Germany, I have been responssible for bringing movies to watch in the bus. This time I brought Christopher Nolan's Batman-trilogy. We had a lot of fun trying to imitate the voices of Batman and Bane (the bad guy from The Dark Knight Rises). Closest to the originals was clearly Jacob A, even if Joakim had a different opinion on the matter.
I now feel confident that Jacob W and Kristian will do nothing else but a great job picking out the movies to watch for the rest of the tour! 

It feels sad leaving the group already, when the fun just had begun, but on the other hand I'm glad it worked out so I could come along at all.

Auf wiedersehen, Deutschland! Frohe Weinatchten und eines gutes neues Jahr!
And good luck, Joakim, witch the percussion playing. ;)

/Kristoffer 
aka Backslick Praise

No comments: