2/18/2009

Gospelchoir or what...?

When Joakim and I stopped for a burger on our way home from the rehearsal in Stockholm this sunday we got to talk about what Praise Unit really is, I mean if you have to put a label on it. When people ask me what I do musicly (don't know if that's a real word), and I try to explain PU I really don't know what to call us. Cause gospelchoir feels kinda missleading in our case. Is it really a choir or is it a band or perhaps a group? And is it really gospelmusic? We do preach the gospel and the lyrics are mostly gospellyrics. The problem is that in Sweden gospel has become a style of music. I think that many people think of a quite traditional masschoir performing traditional gospelsongs when they hear the word gospel. Well, maybe it's not that important to put a label on Praise Unit but if anyone has a good suggestion let us know.....just for fun.

/ Jakob

No comments: