11/06/2010

My father

One of the songs we did at almost every venue on the last tour was "My father", a song about the relationship between me and God as father and child. Since my wife is in Cambodia right now I am a single parent for a week and a half, and I have many opportunities to reflect upon the parent/child relationship. Yesterday my youngest daughter got in an accident when she was in a playground, and we had to wait four hours at the hospital before the doctor finally put a cask on her arm. During those four hours she was sometimes just crying, but sometimes blaming me for all the pain she felt (since I was the one who brought her to the playground). but I could not stop caring for her, loving her and wanting the best for her.

"When she runs from me I don't let go
She needs me more than she pretends to know
'Cause she is still my child!"
(Paraphrasing "My father" from "The mission field" CD)

No comments: