9/19/2011

Pictures from the GMWA

Simon already started blogging about our next Praise Unit adventure. But before I leave last month behind me I want to share some pictures of great people I met at the Gospel Music Workshop of America in Tampa, Florida.

This is Naimi (to the right) who I met in Sweden last spring. She and her friend Stephanie took a two hour drive to Tampa to share their hospitality with me. God puts great people all over the world and it never stops amazing me!


Walt Whitman is known to many europeans. We had time to sit down and chat at some kind of Harley Davidsson hang out.


This is Avis Graves who used to do workshops in Sweden at the time when I did not yet know what gospel music was about. We had some time to chat in Florida, and next year we will work together in Torino, Italy.



I know you can't see it, but this is Kirk Franklin. This concert was great because it was very casual and Kirk was doing whatever songs the audience asked for. My friends Isaac Carree and Myron Butler were singing with Kirk, and Isaac's new CD (which is great) was promoted this evening.



This is a cockroach crawling into my friend's can of coke. You see about 30% of the cockroach in this picture. I know this is not relevant to anything, but I have only seen big bugs like this in cartoons, so I had to share this picture.

No comments: