4/29/2009

112



Last Sunday I started with reading one of the pretty depressing psalms in the bible. It's one of the psalms that David wrote when Saul and his army was after him. I can't say that I have ever been in that position, but one day earlier I was in big trouble on the highway because one of the wheels on my car almost came off, and later that Sunday somebody broke into my car and stole my laptop. I am just beginning to realize how many pieces of my life I had in that computer and which is now (probably) gone forever. Music and lyrics that I had not stored anywhere else. All my email contacts. Pictures of friends and family. Even the stuff that I have backed up feels like a burden right now, because I need to buy a new computer and start building everything from the ground again. I feel depressed and tired when I think of the things I have lost and all the work that lies ahead. But I am thankful when I think about that I still have a better life than the person who stole my laptop. I am also grateful that the problem with my car was solved because the Lord sent a man to me who had all the tools to help me in a garage two minutes away. He works with Harley Davidsson which means this is the second time a Harley Davidsson guy saves me in traffic. I am also grateful that I realize I have so much to be happy about when I think about all the things I lost in the computer. The same day the computer got stolen I was in church and witnessed Tobias and his wife Frida bring their four months old son Elvin for dedication to the Lord, and nothing you can store in a computer is as valueable as what I witnessed there. The day my computer got stolen ended with a joke of some kind. When I came to the police station to report the incident I took a number to wait in line. The number I got was 112, which is the number you dial for an emergency (911 in America). Yeah, that's a joke, but should I laugh or cry?

No comments: