8/15/2011

Birthday

It is monday morning in Florida, and today is the day when the GMWA really kicks off. Many seminars to choose from and lots of concerts to attend. Today is also my birthday, and I think the artists that come here to perform this week are a birthday gift to me. How about names like Kirk Franklin, John P. Kee, Dorinda Clark-Dole, James Fortune, Rance Allen Group, James Hall, the Chosen Aggregation, Norman Hutchins and many more. I think it will be a good week!

Yesterday I met only one friend from the past, but I made some new friends. The program was a little slow in my opinion, probably because many people consider today the first day of "action".

The best birthday gift was a gift from my daughter Stella that she had hidden in my bag without my knowledge. Two drawings that I now have on the wall in my hotel room. One is a drawing of "I (heart) U" and the other is a drawing of Hello Kitty, where the kitty flirts with one eye and gives me a thumbs up. It's so good to be reminded that the most important thing in life is not to succeed at GMWA, it's to be the father and husband I want and need to be. GMWA is great, but family is life!

No comments: