8/14/2011

GMWA in Tampa, Florida

It is Sunday in Tampa, Florida. I have just decided to blog about this week on the Praise Unit blog, because I think there will be some experiences here worth sharing with other people. The reason for my presence here is the GMWA, Gospel Music Workshop of America. They invited me to teach one of my songs, "We pray", to the mass choir. Yesterday I just a day of registration and a very nice evening service. Today I sleep past the morning service, but there will be more to come after lunch.

I think my preparations for this week was possibly the worst ever. First I spent half of the night between wednesday and thursday packing. On the night between thursday and friday I had a concert at Frizon with Praise Unit. The concert started at 1 in the morning, and when I got back home it was time to head for the airport and leave for Florida. On the flight I was unfortunate with the seating, because I got the middle seat, and you know what that means? If you want to sleep you have to choose between resting your head on the Anthony Hopkins look-alike to your left, or the computer game obsessed kid to your right, or your own chest. Neither is good for sleeping.

But now I have slept two nights here, and I actually feel pretty good. I have to leave now, but I will write again tomorrow.

No comments: