8/23/2011

USA vs Europe

So I am back in Sweden now, and trying to get back into everyday stuff here. It is great to meet my wife and daughters again, of course! No matter where you go in the world -family is the most important!

I don't have time to write about all the impressions after the Gospel Music Workshop of America, but I can't help comparing it to the different gospel festivals we have in Europe. The GMWA is much older than anything we have over here, and we have so much to learn from them when it comes to singing and making music. The different teachers and instructors I met in Florida humbled me in many ways, and I realize that there are still so many things for me to learn!

But I also see clearly that we can teach our american friends a lot of things. The GMWA is struggling with decreasing number of participants, and there is a lot of criticism towards the organization of it. Here in Europe there are so many young gospel festivals where the organization works very well, and each year more people attend the festivals. Maybe the board of the GMWA should send some people over here to check out why these kind of festivals pop up all over Europe and increase in popularity constantly?

No comments: