5/22/2009

Midnight creativity

Yep... Jakob is right... me and Toe-B are marinading our brains in different kinds of Praise Unit arrangements these days. I know that they recorded Grand piano and Hammond organ a few days ago, and they seemed pleased with the sound. I could not be there so it will be a surprise for me what it sounds like. We don't use the piano on many songs, but there are one or two ballads where we use it, and also Kristian is playing some latin piano licks on one of the songs. That's going to add some nice flavor to the Praise Unit sound.

Tomorrow we will record percussion with Kristoffer. I should be asleep right now so that my ears are in good shape when we start recording, but there are too many things that need to be done. I guess if I am grumpy during the percussion recording I can take out on the cymbals or the congas or whatever. If I am too grumpy I might figure out something impossible for Kristoffer to play and then I can laugh while he is sweating over the complicated rhythm patterns... he he he... unfortunately Kristoffer is able to play almost anything so I don't think I have the energy to come up with something that impossible.

More reports from the percussion session will follow.

No comments: