5/08/2009

the spanish guest






Over the past couple of years I have gotten some wonderful friends from Spain. As so many times before in my life I have realized how little I know about the world around me. There are so many great things to discover and experience in Spain, and most of all the people. Hopefully Praise Unit will visit Spain soon, and in June my church choir Joybells will make a spanish tour and visit some dear friends of mine. All this started in 2006 when I met this guy from Barcelona in the backstage area after Kirk Franklin's first visit to Amsterdam. His name is Sammy Planes and he was singled out in the audience to get up in stage and share his voice with the rest of us. In the year of 2009 Sammy is releasing a CD with his friends in "Hosanna otro lugar" and when he asked me to feature on one of the songs on that CD I was of course very happy. I also took the opportunity to ask him to sing one of the new Praise Unit songs. He accepted and I ended up spending a few days with Sammy and his brother Nathan who is not only producing the Hosanna CD, but also involved with lots of great things that are going on with Christian music in Spain right now. Nathan and Sammy received me as a brother and we had a few great days together. I did some things in english, spanish and swedish on the Hosanna song, and Sammy did some spanish vocals on the praise Unit song called "Can't get you out of my mind". When you hear this song on "the Mission Field" I hope you can hear that we had a lot of fun in the studio and that we like to encourage each other to praise the Lord no matter what language we are talking or singing. To begin with you can enjoy this little clip and the pics.

No comments: