3/16/2009

Thoughts after one week of recording...

Tobias have written some reports from the past week's recordings, which I myself like to read a lot. To me the recording of "the Mission Field" is an adventure in so many ways. It's a lot like sowing seeds without knowing what kinds of flowers will grow from the seeds you plant. Because even though we have started recording we are not yet sure about how we will actually finish the songs. The great thing about it though is that every singer and every musician is putting all of his or her talent into this, and if we all have the same goal, see the same mission field to our inner vision, we will not only love it while we work with it, but also enjoy the feeling of content once the record starts spinning on our turn tables (or starts rotating under the laser beam to use a more updated language).

Tobias is laying a foundation on all the songs in his studio, and then we use that to work our way through the production. Kristian is planning on playing on a burning grand piano which of course makes no sense at all, but hey... it worked for Jimi Hendrix.

Some of the lyrics for the songs were finished in the past week, and when I read them through I can see that am influenced by things I am going through right now. I have reasons to think about what I value in life, what is really important and what things are up to me to decide. I like to share thoughts like this in my songs, because I know we all go through times when need to stop and think about what is really important. There are also songs that just praise Jesus with no holding back. Because no matter what I go through I always come back to that there is nothing like standing before my creator and just praise him for how he lifted me up when I thought I was too deep to get up.

1 comment:

Marta said...

It really you has reason to believe in the value of life and what really matters!
I'm seeing on that day in the unexpected that anything could happen. Apparently calm, thinking of your family and with the confidence that everything was in God's hands. Experiences like that God do not like happening, (I hope it does not always reach that point like a bomb ..!) are what give life to your songs.
And it is true that we need only songs of praise to our Creator! He deserves all of us!
Hard working spirit in the form of a CD of all those thoughts and make every one feel identified with them. Thank you Joakim and Praise Unit!! =)